Regina Appleby, Parent of 13-year old son with ADHD
I just want to thank you for the grant that we received from your foundation. This grant allowed our 13 year old ADHD child to attend the Peers Program with Donna Wexler from Just Communicate. This program was a perfect fit for our son. He gained many skills including:
- Establishing 2 friendships at school (he previously had none).
- Changed his negative attitude toward school (and he joined a club at school).
- He began karate because now he realizes that he invades other people’s space.
- Reaches out in person by appropriately joining in conversations.
- Learned to read body language so he could accurately judge whether he is welcome in a group.
Thank you again for an opportunity that I would not have been able to afford him!