Bridge to healing Foundation, Inc.
a 501 (c) (3) non profit organization
Bridge to Healing is the “bridge” that helps people receive the therapies they need in order to reach their fullest potential in life.
Bridge to Healing will:
- Provide an opportunity for individuals to raise funds for their family members or friends for therapy sessions.
- Make available a Matching Gift Program where Bridge to Healing will match up to $750.00 for donations made through Bridge to Healing to a qualifying Account.
- Make available a scholarship Account for professionals to attend courses and training sessions which supplement their knowledge base to better equip them to help people with special needs.
- Support Group Meetings and periodic workshops.
- Provide a network to keep families informed of upcoming special needs events.
Bridge to Healing has established criteria for the requests to set up Accounts within Bridge to Healing for specific uses, how disbursements from these Accounts will be handled and the donations that are made to these specific Accounts.
- Request is made of Bridge to Healing to establish an Account on behalf of a specific event.
- Request to set up a Special Account must include:
- Name for the specific need the Special Account
- Description as to why the Account is being established/li>
- Specific uses as to how the Special Account donations will be used:
- Travel expenses for Professionals donating their time to and from the site only
- Lodging expense while on site
- Meal Per Diem of $40.00 per day ($30.00 per day if breakfast is provided by the Hotel. Per Diem is available only if meals are not otherwise provided by someone on site
- Car rental of up to $40.00 per day while on site will be considered for reimbursement
- Special Accounts can only be set up for the above mentioned uses to provide Therapy directly to victims or families or for teaching the Professional how to help the victims of their own disaster or tragedy. Any expenses not listed under the specific uses of the Special Fund, Bridge to Healing will need to e contactted prior to incurring the expense for clarication as to if the expense is eligible for reimbursement.
- Special Accounts are not eligible for the Matching Gift Program of Bridge to Healing
- Donations made to the Special Account are subject to the 25% contribution to Bridge to Healing. If donations are made through PayPal, a 2.5% PayPal fee will also be deducted.
- All requests for disbursement from the Special Account are subject to review by Bridge to Healing to see if they meet the guidelines for uses of the donations to the Special Account.
- All requests for disbursements must be accompanied by a billing statement detailing what the disbursement is for
- Reimbursements for the Special Account may be made to the individuals requesting the reimbursement
- Any reimbursement is limited to the balance remaining in the Special Account