Professional Scholarship Account
Bridge to Healing Foundation, Inc.
a 501 (c) (3) non profit organization
Bridge to Healing is the “bridge” that helps people receive the therapies they need in order to reach their fullest potential in life.
Bridge to Healing will:
- Provide an opportunity for individuals to raise funds for their family members or friends for therapy sessions.
- Make available a Matching Gift Program where Bridge to Healing will match up to $750.00 for donations made through Bridge to Healing to a qualifying Account.
- Make available a scholarship Account for professionals to attend courses and training sessions which supplement their knowledge base to better equip them to help people with special needs.
- Support Group Meetings and periodic workshops.
- Provide a network to keep families informed of upcoming special needs events.
Bridge to Healing has established criteria for the requests to set up Accounts within Bridge to Healing for specific uses, how disbursements from these Accounts will be handled and the donations that are made to these specific Accounts.
Professional Scholarship Account
These are specific Accounts that are set up on behalf of an individual
- Request is made of Bridge to Healing to establish an Account on behalf of a Professional.
- A request to establish a Professional Scholarship Account must include:
- Name of the Individual Professional
- The Professional’s specialty
- Name and description of the course or training session
- All requests of the Professional Scholarship Account must support the Mission Statement of Bridge to Healing. Requests are subject to approval by the Board of Directors Bridge to Healing or their designees before donations can be accepted.
- Upon approval, notification of the acceptance of the request from the Professional Scholarship Account will be given
- After notification of acceptance, the Professional will forward to Bridge to Healing the following:
- A copy of the course or training registration form. Courses or training sessions that have already been completed are not eligible for reimbursement by BTH
- If not on the registration form, a formal statement showing the cost of the course or training
- Check, Money Order or receipt from a PayPal donation made payable to Bridge to Healing in an amount equal to 50% of the cost of the course or training session plus an additional 25% of your portion of the cost of the course or training session as a contribution to Bridge to Healing. (Example: Course cost is $600.00, 50% of the cost is $300.00 plus 25% or $75.00 for the contribution equaling a total amount of $375.00 to be sent to Bridge to Healing)
- Upon receipt of the payment, Bridge to healing will send a check payable to the Professional and the course or training provider. The Professional should endorse the check and forward to the course or training provider
- Under no circumstances will disbursements from the Professional Scholarship Account be made directly to the Professional only
- Travel, hotel or meal expenses are not eligible to be disbursed from the Professional Scholarship Account
- 25% of all donations made to the Professional Scholarship Account are to be considered a contribution to Bridge to Healing with the balance of the donation added to the Professional Scholarship Account balance. If donations are made through PayPal, a 2.5% PayPal fee will also be deducted from the donation.
- See Healing Helper Professional